Monday, February 18, 2008

Amazing Mother-in-law Never Dissapoints

Mother-in-law, Beth, is starting a children's birthday party business. She brings the party to the child's house, sets up a fancy table with decorations, provides costumes for the children to play in, bakes a cake (Beth style which puts Martha to shame), provides treat bags, plays games, etc etc etc.

As with everything this woman does, these parties will be over-the-top spectacular. She has employed me (free of charge of course) to create her site. Her business color is lavender, her theme, victorian. These two components are something I've never worked with before. So far I've created this:



The roses are a bit gag-ish, but she like them, and it does help the overall Victorian-esque feel. I'm rushing to finish the design base so I can start the CSS tomorrow. Still a long way to go. I'll be up for a while yet.

As preparation for the business, Beth asked me to bring the kids down this past Sunday so that she could take pictures for the website/brochure. Beth charged hubby Derek to work the camera. Tamara (my sis-in-law) and I chased the kids around yanking off their clothes and putting on the costumes. I managed to snap a few pictures with my [crappy ass] camera.




















No comments: