Friday, February 15, 2008

Yada Yada Part I

Just got back from lunch with Angelica where she fed a stray dog her entire lunch - a lunch I paid for!

I ordered a tempeh wrap which they made with Fakin' Bacon - tasted awful. I fed half my wrap to that stray dog, too.

I found this great site: I Can't Believe it's Vegan: a list of vegan food one might not know is vegan, such as Oreos, Fritos, and cake frosting. Yum.

In other news, this morning I ran an astonishing 1 mile (that's sarcasm kids). I was faced with two major contraints, one in my thigh, and the other was the man. You know, the man at work who fires you when you are repeaditly late.

My thigh is much better, though "the man" still gets me down from time to time.

Here is a totally unrealted random story.

1. I applied for a web design job.
2. I interview. Rad.
3. I wait.
4. Posting for position is cancelled.
5. Posting revised at higher pay with additional duties.
6. I pass on applying, assuming they want someone more qualified.
7. I receive email from man who interviewed me, says "position reposted" and "feel free to reapply"

I am trying to decide if I should reapply. He did take the time to send me a personalized email. But is reapplying an effective use of my time? Funny thing is, I was just thinking about emailing him and asking him if there was something in particular lacking from my portfolio.

I am listening to this conversation:

Ph.D. 1: I made my lunch and left it on the counter and it's Friday so I can't bring it tomorrow.
Ph.D. 2: Well eat it for lunch tomorrow.
Ph.D. 1: Nah, I can't do that. It's a work lunch. Not a Saturday lunch.
Ph.D. 2: Yeah, that's too bad.

And for faculty at VCU these type of things ARE too bad, like way bad, like devastatingly write a paper get a grant to study the long term psychological effects bad. Oh and then there are environmental impacts, and time conflicts, and tax inflation in restaraunts in Metro Richmond. All which could have been avoided had that Ph.D. remembered his damn lunch. Hell, Dr. So&So look what responsibility you have on your shoulders as the foremost human being on planet earth.

No comments: