Sunday, January 27, 2008

Training Update

So after yesterday's smack in the face, I was out hitting the pavement this morning. I managed another 1.5 miles, but was done after that. I didn't feel like dying or hurling or sinking to the bottom of a deep fryer, but I wasn't all shits and giggles afterward either.

The month of February means no eating out. It's a fun lil experiment hubby and I thought we would try. Of course when you spend $500 a month on eating out and another $450 on groceries you start to really question your budgeting skills.

I also have 6 more yoga sessions to use in the next 4 weeks, so I'll be hitting the studio 2 times a week now instead of just once.

I'm still eating vegan. It's great. I feel fantastic. I have started incorporating non-vegan bread into my diet, mainly because vegan bread is dry, expensive and pointless. I read a couple articles about "almost" vegans who splurge on salmon because the Vitamin E in salmon gives a "healthy glow". So I decided to get sushi Friday with raw salmon. I nearly ralphed after the first bite. That $7.50 sushi roll now resides in the dumpster waiting for Ducks Disposal to remove it from my property. Now you understand the whole $950 food expense line....what a waste!

No eating out, so I need to figure out how to roll an algae leaf around rice and cucumber. Time to scour the database of vegweb.com for some cheap meals. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: